Your smartphone and the myAirtel app are the only two things you need to complete the DTH recharge on your TV, and never mind if the DTH is not an Airtel one!
Up to a decade ago, it would have been tough to imagine that our lives would be controlled and eased (in equal measure) by our mobile phones. What started off as instruments for calling and receiving calls and texts when you are out and about, have today morphed into companions and facilitators on a major level – you can do without anything, but a smartphone is a basic necessity in life.
Previously, financial management and Internet technology were not as seamlessly melded together as they are now. Today, banking and finance development have been helped along largely due to the proliferation of the Internet in the country. Many people prefer to shop and transact online, using just their smartphones. There is hardly any need to head to the stores to buy most things that you need in life, whether they are clothes or jewellery. Similarly, there is no need to go to utility centres or mobile stores to recharge your phone or DTH connections.
Since transacting digitally is both simple and cost-effective, it is little wonder that you would seek to do the digital TV recharge over your smartphone. The good news is that you easily can! Just get the myAirtel app on your smartphone to get started.
Why the myAirtel app?
…because it is the simplest way to do the prepaid and digital TV recharge, as also postpaid and broadband bill payments.
…because you don’t need to be an Airtel subscriber to use the myAirtel app.
…because you get regular cashback offers and discounts on bill payments and recharges using the app.
…because the digital TV recharge is instant on the app. Besides, you get the option of changing the current pack or modifying it to include more channels at the time of recharge.
Now that you have understood the broad benefits of using the myAirtel app for digital TV recharge and other bill payments, let us understand how to use the app for DTH recharge:
* Install the app on your phone.
* Post-installation, open the app and start using it. You will see a field for ‘Recharge’ at the top, click on it.
* Enter the registered DTH number and operator name as directed. If you are an Airtel subscriber, you will be presented with a few ‘Quick recharge’ options at this stage. If you are a non-Airtel subscriber, then you can proceed to input the recharge amount as you desire.
* As an Airtel customer, you can also modify your existing pack or change your DTH plan entirely. You can also look at the existing offers and discounts available at the time for additional savings.
* Complete paying for the digital TV recharge by choosing your preferred payment option: Net banking, debit/credit cards, or Airtel Payments Bank.
* The recharge is now complete and you can use the DTH connection as always.
Another way to do the digital TV recharge is via the Airtel website, but this facility is available only for Airtel DTH subscribers. Log on to the Airtel website and look for ‘Pay and Recharge’ on the home page. Under this, you can find ‘Digital TV recharge’ – now follow the directions on the screen to complete the recharge for your DTH connection.